CAF is the designer and manufacturer of 118 new Sprinters (Sprinter Next Generation) for the Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS). For our new international team we are looking for a hands-on Assembly Engineer to oversee the assembly process until approximately the end of 2019.
The Assembly Engineer:
- Ensures that the assembly process is in line with the policies and procedures.
- Handles costs efficiently and sees to quality and safety throughout the manufacturing process.
- Coordinates logistics in order for the technicians to couple the units / cars locally
- Manages the (temporary) technicians who are working on the trains
- Coordinates the outcome of the inspections done by the client to the team of technicians
- Performs modifications and adjustments (both electrical and technical) on the new trains and new units if needed
The Assembly Engineer reports to the Production Line Engineer in Beasain (Spain). The assembly activities are expected to be finalized towards the end of 2019. In general the work will be done during weekdays, however flexibility is asked in case of an exceptional workday during weekends. The preferred start date is as soon as possible.
CAF is one of the international market leaders in the design, manufacture and maintenance of modern rolling stock. CAF is manufacturing 118 new Sprinters for the NS and currently designing and manufacturing 63 new trams for the city of Amsterdam. For the Provence of Utrecht CAF is manufacturing 49 new trams, which should be out on the streets halfway through 2018.
CAF is a Spanish company with approximately 8000 employees worldwide who work on about 80 projects spread out over 33 countries. CAF has recently started their operations in the Netherlands with a Dutch office in Utrecht.
Working for CAF is working in an international and dynamic environment. We only recently started in the Netherlands and are busy to expand our currently small, yet enthusiastic team.
CAF offers a competitive salary with 27 holidays and 13 roster free days per annum, based on a 40 hour work week. The initial training period will take place in Amsterdam and travel abroad will be very limited for this position. In case you may be asked to travel, an extra per diem will be provided for the days working abroad.
Send your English CV to Marcel van Coeverden at CAFjobs@expertsonly.nl Are you looking for another type of rolling stock career? Still send us your CV and indicate what type of position you are interested in. In the meantime keep an eye out for our vacancies on our CAF career page
as we are expecting lots of new (technical) positions to open up soon.